September 01, 2006

Sickness? BEGONE!

Well, I am pleased to announce that I seem to have exorcised this flu that I had over the last few days or so. Looking back on it (which is always interesting) I could sense my body resisting it before the weekend, and then because of the intense class I took on Saturday and reserves depleted, I went under.

Being totally exhausted on Sunday night (due more to an intolerance of what I was eating/drinking than illness, but none the less still affecting how I felt), taking Monday off thinking that would be the worst of it, feel a little drained Tuesday, but then feeling the rise of a mega sore throat/flu on Wednesday during the day (you know the kind that feels like it will last FOREVER?) to feeling like utter crap Wednesday night/Thursday morning to then perform on Thursday morning what my friend endearingly calls 'voodoo magick' only to cure it. Right then.

Yup. It's gone.

Since about 11:30am yesterday and holding on fast. Amazing.

4 comments:

Pipkin said...

Glad you're feeling better.

The girls and I were talking about you today. I was telling them when you were 3 or 4 years old, and someone said something you didn't like (such as "bedtime") you would point your finger at them and say "puh" (as if you were shooting them - I think you picked it up from Uncle Darren - you're mom was so mad at him.)

Gwynabella said...

LOL! I still kind of do that, I HATE it when people tell me what to do. I think I might pick that back up...

Pipkin said...

I've decided to, as well. Actually, that's how I remembered it. We were in Smitty's yesterday waiting for the mall to open so we could do the back to school shopping thing (what a scam they've got going; but I digress).

Theresa said something that I didn't like and I pointed my finger at her and went "puh". Was she ever shocked. It was quite hilarious actually. Then I told them the story of how you used to do that.

And we all had a good laugh.

Gwynabella said...

BAWHAAAHAAA!
this is a test comment. Test comment.